Re: [exim] relative 'expense' of Exiscan/SpamAssassin vs. lo…

Autor: Brian Candler
A: exim-users
Assumptes nous: languages again, was Re: [exim] relative 'expense' of Exiscan/SpamAssassin vs. local_scanfor simple header/body triggers?
Assumpte: Re: [exim] relative 'expense' of Exiscan/SpamAssassin vs. local_scan for simple header/body triggers?
On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 07:59:41PM +0100, Tony Finch wrote:
> I used to think that Tcl could be made into a decent configuration
> language for Exim, but my preference for typed statically checked
> languages means I now think Haskell is the right answer. In both cases,
> Exim just becomes a library of functions with a main program that sets
> things up and calls the postmaster's configuration code at appropriate
> times.

Have you looked at Ruby? It's not statically typed (quite the opposite in
fact), but Ruby embeds extremely neatly into C, and vice versa. It also has
one of the cleanest-looking syntaxes I've seen.