Re: [exim] Exim, SpamAssasin and all in between?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Odhiambo Washington
To: exim-users
CC: Yves Goergen
Betreff: Re: [exim] Exim, SpamAssasin and all in between?
* On 18/09/05 16:30 +0200, Yves Goergen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm now trying to get a spam filter into my Exim. I thought at
> greylisting as I heard it would be very effective. And I thought it
> should only be used for mails that SpamAssasin declares something like
> "unsure". Other mails should be directly accepted or rejected. I use a
> MySQL database for virtual domains, forwards and all that. It would be
> cool if I could turn that scanning on and off for each mailbox/forward.
> I have compiled Exim from source, not using any of the Debian packages
> for these things. I guess my Debian package management is defective
> since the sarge release anyway... (still using 3.0)
>
> I'm still using Exim 4.3something but could upgrade to 4.5 (or whatever
> is current right now) if required. I never used SpamAssasin or that
> local scan thing nor do I really understand what it all does. I ran into
> several descriptions and how-tos explaining what I can do to get it
> working. But everyone tells something different and the manuals I have
> found on the respective websites refer to quite old Exim versions. I
> think I can remember Exim 4.5 to have an interesting improvement in this
> but am not sure what it was.
>
> So can someone of you please point me to kind of a documentation how it
> definitely works with the latest release of all this? What's that about
> with replacing local_scan.c or patching loadable modules into Exim? Do I
> really need this? Will I have to install SpamAssasin with that daemon
> thing? Would I be better off repairing my packager and get some ready
> packages for all this? I won't need that ugly two-exim-daemons hack,
> will I? (Ah yes, rejecting must be at incoming-SMTP-time, if at all!)
> And is there a chance I can plug some virus scanner anywhere into it?
> I'm thankful for any help with this as it all seems very complicated to
> me and the Exim Wiki doesn't tell much about it.

I believe you need to read how to use exiscan - the documentation will
tell you how to integrate SpamAssassin and some Anti Virus scanners.

http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan-acl/

-Wash

    |\      _,,,---,,_     | Odhiambo Washington    <wash@???>
Zzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_ | Wananchi Online Ltd.   www.wananchi.com
   |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'| Tel: +254 20 313985-9  +254 20 313922
  '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)     | GSM: +254 722 743223   +254 733 744121
Important letters which contain no errors will develop errors in the
mail.  Corresponding errors will show up in the duplicate while the
Boss is reading it.