Re: [exim] relative 'expense' of Exiscan/SpamAssassin vs. lo…

Autor: OpenMacNews
A: Brian Candler, exim-users
CC:
Assumpte: Re: [exim] relative 'expense' of Exiscan/SpamAssassin vs. local_scanfor simple header/body triggers?
hi brian,

> Aside: the idea that it would be nice to be able invoke the exim *filter
> language* during ACLs has occurred to me more than once. Perhaps a "filter =
> <filename>" or "filter = <string>" condition would do this. Applications:

<snip>

> Oh well, just an idea :-)

1st caveat: i am NOT (yet) conversant in the filter language.

that said, in my reading it's not at all clear why the languages/approaches of
the various 'logic/filter' capabilities are different to begin with ...

as a beginner, i've found myself wondering "Why isn't it all just Perl" (or
Python). so much so that I've explored the embedded perl capability, and have
noted a similar (by patch?) capability to embed Python. dunno if/where/how
they apply yet ...

imho, uniformity, though probly less flexible, is certainly less daunting at
first glance ...

perhaps embedded Cobol is the future? ;-D

cheers,

richard