Re: [exim] trusted users and web generated mail

Autor: Zbigniew Szalbot
A: Tom Kistner
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] trusted users and web generated mail
On 17 Sep 2005 at 18:22, Tom Kistner wrote:

> Jim Pazarena wrote:
>
> > Can someone advise how to deal with this client getting his
> > own bounces, while NOT making him a trusted user?
>
> He can always use SMTP via loopback instead of /usr/sbin/sendmail. I'm
> sure the usual PHP module has an option to use SMTP, plus an option to
> set MAIL FROM.

The default smtp features are (at least were) very poor and certainly not useble for
mailing lists. However, there were some plugins written for authorization of mail in
PHP. Acutally it is your client's problem. Just tell him he needs to authorize while
sending.