Re: [exim] no message ID - newsgroup posting problem

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: Exim Users List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] no message ID - newsgroup posting problem
On 9/16/05 2:54 AM, "John Burnham" <john.burnham@???> wrote:

> On 15/09/05, Jamie Nudds <jamie.nudds@???> wrote:
>
>> I have exim 4.50 server that posts emails to a newsgroup server (innd) via
>> mailpost. However when Outlook users email to the newsgroup it is rejected
>> with the reason "no Message-ID: found". I can't see any option in the
>> innd conf
>> files to stop this.
>>
> Well, you could always get Exim to add message-ids to those messages
> without them - stick something like
> warn    condition = ${if !def:h_Message-ID {1}}
>         log_message = added message-id
>         message = Message-ID: <E$message_id@$primary_hostname>
> in your data acl. You could presumably further modify this to only add
> message-ids to messages submitted from within your own trusted
> network.

Which in turn is part of what
control = submission
does (it also supplies missing From: and Date: headers which are the two
required headers).

Once you get your submission-from-clients Exim separated from your
MX-from-the-world Exim, this sort of thing becomes easier.

(yet).)

--John