Re: [exim] no message ID - newsgroup posting problem

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: John Burnham
To: Jamie Nudds
CC: Exim Users List
Betreff: Re: [exim] no message ID - newsgroup posting problem
On 15/09/05, Jamie Nudds <jamie.nudds@???> wrote:

> I have exim 4.50 server that posts emails to a newsgroup server (innd) via
> mailpost. However when Outlook users email to the newsgroup it is rejected
> with the reason "no Message-ID: found". I can't see any option in the
> innd conf
> files to stop this.

Well, you could always get Exim to add message-ids to those messages
without them - stick something like
warn    condition = ${if !def:h_Message-ID {1}}
        log_message = added message-id
        message = Message-ID: <E$message_id@$primary_hostname>
in your data acl. You could presumably further modify this to only add
message-ids to messages submitted from within your own trusted
network.