[exim] abandoned message bodies

Author: Matthew Byng-Maddick
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] abandoned message bodies
I'm looking at rewriting the Mail Rejection Agent I've been using for a
while. Essentially, it works as a mail proxy, speaking enough SMTP to
pick up problems in the dialects spoken by spam engines and zombies, and
turning up many checks to a maximum. It listens on port 25 and invokes
exim on a pipe with -oMi -oMr -oMa -bs type options.

Because of the way it works, and the kinds of checks that may happen, it is
good if in the data phase it can start feeding the message to exim sooner
rather than later, and if I recall correctly, abandoning the message body
before a final dot, by closing the writer will cause the message to be
abandoned by exim. I take it there are no plans to change this behaviour.

Cheers

MBM

--
Matthew Byng-Maddick          <mbm@???>           http://colondot.net/