[exim] Envelope rewrite to accomodate delivery...

Author: Gary Rule
To: 'Exim-users'
Subject: [exim] Envelope rewrite to accomodate delivery...
I have all my routing issues worked out, or so I thought, for the new
design I am working on here. However I have some other departments for
which I deliver mail.

Currently if I get an email for joe@??? I send that to whichever
mail server is listed in a routing database I have. It would look
something like this:

joe         mailhost.company.com

This works fine. However the other departments, which I have no control
over, won't accept delivery for an email to joe@???. The server
wants it as joe@???. This is how the existing set up
works. All routing is done with envelope rewrites.

My question is: Other than rewriting the envelope recipient prior to
delivery to mailhost.company.com is there a better way to handle this
situation either with a simple change on their end or on mine?

Thanks in advance.

Gary Rule                                      2.6.10 GNU/Linux
Systems Administrator
BBN Technologies
Interdepartmental Services Group

email: grule@???
Phone: 617.873.3274
Fax: 617.873.4500
--
No one can feel as helpless as the owner of a sick goldfish.