Re: [exim] Cannot assign requested address

Author: Zbigniew Szalbot
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Cannot assign requested address
On 13 Sep 2005 at 16:48, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
>
> > Ok. It is just the default value. Nothing else added. I do not know
> > most of the options therefore I prefere to work with the default
> > values and expand as learn more.
> >
> > It is here:
> >
> > > # This transport is used for delivering messages over SMTP
> > > # connections.
> > >
> > > remote_smtp:
> > > driver = smtp
> > > interface = 83.238.14.30
>

> That is NOT the default. There is no "interface" setting in the
> default. Get rid of it.

Must have copied it from someone else's conf file. Sorry about that.
However this, does not change anything. Here is most of what I have
in the exim.conf. I actually built it from scratch. I only added
plain text authentication information. Thank you!

MAIN CONFIGURATION SETTINGS

primary_hostname = sd.slowo.pl

domainlist local_domains = @
domainlist relay_to_domains =
hostlist relay_from_hosts =

host_lookup = !127.0.0.1/8:*

ROUTERS CONFIGURATION
dnslookup:
driver = dnslookup
domains = ! +local_domains
transport = remote_smtp
ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8

TRANSPORTS CONFIGURATION
remote_smtp:
driver = smtp

AUTHENTICATION CONFIGURATION
  fixed_plain:
    driver = plaintext
    public_name = PLAIN
    server_prompts = :
    server_condition = \
      ${if and {{eq{$2}{USER}}{eq{$3}{PASS}}}{yes}{no}}
    server_set_id = $2

Thanks again for your patience!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot