Re: [exim] Restricting sending/receipt

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Restricting sending/receipt
On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:40:57 -0400, Cole Tuininga
<colet@???> wrote:
>One of the domain owners wants to restrict certain particular users
>within his domain from sending or receiving email outside that domain.
>So, for instance, while "mark@???" might be able to receive and
>send wherever, "jeff@???" is only able to receive/send from/to
>the "domain.name" domain.
>
>What's the best way to approach this? I'm imagining that I'll need to
>take separate approaches for receiving and sending. Is this best done
>with routing rules? Or just use ACLs? Can anybody offer a rough
>approach with either method?

I'd go for the ACL solution, rejecting messages with sender
jeff@??? to addresses outside domain.name. If you expect your
users to cheat to be able to send e-mail outside, you'd probably have
to force your users to authenticate with a password instead of blindly
believing the envelope sender set by the sending MUA.

Greetings
Marc