Re: [exim] checking TLS and authenticated

Author: Jakob Hirsch
To: 'Exim-users'
Subject: Re: [exim] checking TLS and authenticated
Michael Ludwig wrote:

> So what I tried and didn't work out is the following:

"didn't work out" is a very poor description.
Did always fail or succeed? Was there some error in the log? Which
version of Exim?

> accept  condition     = "${if and { \
>                           {eq {$interface_port}{587}} \
>                           {eq {$tls_certificate_verified}{1}{0}} \

$tls_certificate_verified is probably not what you want:

>     This variable is set to "1" if a TLS certificate was verified when the
>     message was received, and "0" otherwise.

To simply test if the connection is secured, I use def:tls_cipher.
and "eq" takes only two arguments, not three.
And don't put quotation marks around the expansion.

condition = ${if and { \
    {eq {$interface_port}{587}} \
    {def:tls_cipher} \
        }}