Re: [exim] Question regarding unseen

Author: Stian Jordet
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Question regarding unseen
man, 05,.09.2005 kl. 23.04 +0100, skrev Tony Finch:
> On Mon, 5 Sep 2005, Stian Jordet wrote:
> >
> > I've tried this. First, I would prefer not to have the redirect router,
> > because if my email liste@??? resolves to the two users test1 and
> > test2. test1 is on the local box, and test2 is on another host. I can't
> > be sure that the other box accepts mail for test2@anotherbox, even
> > though it accepts liste@???. If you understand what I mean?
>
> Even if any child addresses are local, Exim does not continue verification
> if an address has more than one child. What would be the right response if
> one is valid and the other not?
>
> For the single child case, we use call-forward verification on our MXs to
> handle verification of departmental email addresses that aren't handled
> locally.
>
> > Second, I can't get it to work. If I use this:
> >
> >   address_data = ${lookup ldapm {ldaps://buick.jordet.net/\
> >     ou=People,dc=jordet?uid,mailHost?sub?\
> >     (&(objectClass=inetLocalMailRecipient)\
> >     (mailLocalAddress=${quote_ldap:$local_part@$domain}))}}
> >   data = ${extract{uid}{$address_data}}@${extract{mailHost}{$address_data}}

> > I only get one user... I guess that's just me being silly, so I'd
> > appreciate some help.
>
> That's because ${extract will only extract one value from the string
> returned by ${lookup ldapm. The answer is probably to use ${sg, e.g.
> ${sg {$address_data} {\s*uid="([^"]*)"\s*mailHost="([^"]*)"\s*} {$1@$2} }

Thanks you very, very much for helping me out here. But this didn't
work, and unfortunately, regexps are greek to me :( Is it anything wrong
with it, or am I just stupid?

root@buick:~# sendmail -bt liste@???
R: ldap_user liste@???
liste@??? cannot be resolved at this time:
error in redirect data: missing or malformed local part (expected word
or "<") in "uid="stianj" mailHost="buick.jordet.net""
root@buick:~#

Best regards,
Stian