Re: [exim] exim randomly closes database connection (was: "P…

Author: Alexander Neumann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim randomly closes database connection (was: "PGSQL: query failed: "...)
Hi,

* Tony Finch <dot@???> wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Sep 2005, Alexander Neumann wrote:
> > I just discovered that after the query for the tempreject score, exim
> > closes the database connection. Any idea how to debug that?
> Try running Exim in debugging mode to see if the output is enlightening.

Did that, but unfortunately it wasn't enlightening at all. It just gives
"PGSQL: query failed" with an empty error message.

After some debugging in the exim pgsql lookup code I found out that,
according to the documentation for PQresultErrorMessage(), an empty error
string means "no error occured", but the PQresultStatus is
PGRES_FATAL_ERROR.

Any idea on how to debug further? Should I file a bug?

Thanks,
- Alexander