Re: [exim] Spam using a space to separate message body and h…

Página Inicial
Autor: Eric Bullen
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Spam using a space to separate message body and header...
On 9/2/05, Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, Eric Bullen wrote:
>
> > It could be GMail that is removing that space- when i sent it out, I
> *made
> > sure* that the space was there. In this case, take my word for it, and
> know
> > that exim (like Heiko said) should check for invalid header lines to
> catch
> > things like this... Does anyone have any suggestions on how to 'fix'
> this?
> > Should Exim catch these errors?
>
> Exim reads header lines until either (a) it reaches an entirely empty
> line (CRLF followed by CRLF) or (b) until it reaches a line that does
> not take the form of a header line (that is, it doesn't start "name:")
> or the continuation of a previous header line (a line starting with
> white space). If Exim finds the sequence
>
> something:_xxxxxxxx
> _
> other_stuff
>
> where I have used an underscore to represent spaces, it will treat the
> second line as a continuation of the first header line. However, the
> third line can't be a header line, so it will be taken as the first line
> of the body.
>
> This is the same rule that other MTAs follow, I believe. (It is what
> Smail used to do when we were running it in the days before I wrote
> Exim.)

I suspected the same thing. I will wait for another email to come in, and
show the before->after email to show how Exim is handling it. Looking at the
whole email, every line in the message body began with a space, so it
*looked* like a continuance of the previous line (seemed that Exim ignored
the empty line- as it had a space in it). I'll provide more details when
another one arrives.

Thanks for everyone's feedback on this.

-E