Re: [exim-dev] Randomising retry times?

Autor: Daniel Tiefnig
A: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] Randomising retry times?
Michael Haardt wrote:
> If the configuration changes, all machines reload it at once, so all
> master processes start at once.

Hej,

same here.
I'm allready using my smartnodes hostnames to spread AV signature
updates a little.[0] You could do the same for your configuration
updates, allthough I'm not sure whether this will give you time shifts
that are big enough, and of course it's quite an ugly hack.

More fine grained outgoing ratelimits would be really great in that case.

lg,
daniel

[0] Hosts are called smartmx-XX.inode.at, where XX are digits, and in
bash syntax I'm using the following to get 10 second intervals:
sleep $(expr ${HOSTNAME:8:2} \* 10 - 10)