Re: [exim-dev] Randomising retry times?

Autor: John Hall
A: Michael Haardt
CC: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] Randomising retry times?
On 02/09/05, Michael Haardt <michael@???> wrote:

> > If they all retry at once, they must all have the same queue runner
> > interval. Instead of, say, 15 minutes for them all, does it help to have
> > a spread such as 13, 15, 17 ?
>
> In fact, their configuration is identical, which is very convenient
> for a cluster. I would like to keep it that way and avoid expanded
> retry rules. ;)

If you specify say -q5m, does that mean that the daemon runs the queue
at 0, 5, 10, etc minutes past the hour, or is it 5, 10, etc minutes
after the process was started.

If it is the latter (and in my mind more likely) case, then surely the
machines are out of sync with each other anyway?

regards,
John