Re: [exim] Spam using a space to separate message body and h…

Author: Eric Bullen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spam using a space to separate message body and header...
On 9/1/05, Fred Viles <fv+exim@???> wrote:

> On 1 Sep 2005 at 15:08, Eric Bullen wrote about
> | On 9/1/05, Heiko Schlittermann <hs@???> wrote:
> | > Eric Bullen <barnabus.pinklehorn@???> (Do 01 Sep 2005 21:13:35
> | > CEST):
> show
> | > the
> | >
> | > But I do not see the space.
> | > Header and Body are separated by an empty line, as shown in your
> | > example.

> | It's there- you can't see a space (obviously), but if you highlight the
> | 'blank line' before the '$'- you'll see that there is a space there (no
> | empty line).
>
> What are you looking at? I'm with Heiko - there is no "'blank line'
> before the '$'" in what you posted. Every line ends in '$'. Nor is
> there a space before the '$' on the line after the Content-Transfer-
> Encoding header.

It could be GMail that is removing that space- when i sent it out, I *made
sure* that the space was there. In this case, take my word for it, and know
that exim (like Heiko said) should check for invalid header lines to catch
things like this... Does anyone have any suggestions on how to 'fix' this?
Should Exim catch these errors?

Thanks for the replies.

-E