Re: [exim] Question regarding unseen

Author: Stian Jordet
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Question regarding unseen
On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 12:43 +0100, Tony Finch wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, Stian Jordet wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 16:00 +0100, Tony Finch wrote:
> > >
> > > Why not reverse the order of the routers (so that remote users are matched
> > > first) and drop the "unseen" modifier which is causing the duplicates?
> >
> > Well, I need to match both? Since a recipient may be an alias for both a
> > local and remote user?
>
> It would be tidier to make this explicit in your aliases. Or you can alter
> your LDAP lookups in order to get the result you want. If you use unseen
> you should expect to have duplicate deliveries.

I would love to use alter my LDAP lookups, but this is the only way I
can think of.

I have (among others) these LDAP entries:

# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <> with scope sub
# filter: (mailLocalAddress=stian@???)
# requesting: ALL
#

# stianj, People, jordet
dn: uid=stianj,ou=People,dc=jordet
cn: Stian Jordet
loginShell: /bin/bash
uidNumber: 1000
gidNumber: 1000
homeDirectory: /home/stianj
shadowMin: -1
shadowMax: 999999
shadowWarning: 7
shadowInactive: -1
shadowExpire: -1
shadowFlag: 0
host: *
uid: stianj
mailHost: buick.jordet.net
shadowLastChange: 12890
objectClass: top
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: shadowAccount
objectClass: inetLocalMailRecipient
mailLocalAddress: liste@???
mailLocalAddress: stian@???

# ingvild, People, jordet
dn: uid=ingvild,ou=People,dc=jordet
cn: Ingvild Eide Lybeck
loginShell: /bin/bash
gidNumber: 500
homeDirectory: /home/ingvild
shadowMin: -1
shadowMax: 999999
shadowWarning: 7
shadowInactive: -1
shadowExpire: -1
shadowFlag: 0
objectClass: top
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: shadowAccount
objectClass: inetLocalMailRecipient
uid: ingvild
uidNumber: 1001
host: lincoln
host: buick
host: chevrolet
shadowLastChange: 12891
mailHost: buick.jordet.net
mailLocalAddress: stian@???

# larsmj, People, jordet
dn: uid=larsmj,ou=People,dc=jordet
gidNumber: 500
host: lincoln
host: buick
loginShell: /bin/bash
objectClass: top
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: shadowAccount
objectClass: inetLocalMailRecipient
shadowExpire: -1
shadowFlag: 0
shadowInactive: -1
shadowLastChange: 12891
shadowMax: 999999
shadowMin: -1
shadowWarning: 7
uid: larsmj
cn: Lars Morten Johansen
homeDirectory: /home/larsmj
uidNumber: 1002
mailHost: lincoln.jordet.net
mailLocalAddress: stian@???

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 4
# numEntries: 3

As you can see, I have three entries with the same email address. I want
all three of them to get mails to that email address. Problem is, one
user (larsmj) is on another box, so I need to use the manualroute
driver. That's what I can't figure out, how to user two different
routers on the same address. Is it at all possible without using unseen?

It's easy if I do not have any addresses which several users have, but I
want that feature...

Thanks for your patient help so far :)

Best regards,
Stian