[exim] Re: exim runtime configuration file question

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: quiuqee
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [exim] Re: exim runtime configuration file question
Thak you very much for answering my question (and for doing it so quickly). Your
answer let me anderstand what a macro is (it's not any sort of variable as I
previously understood).

I'll try to define variables inside the mysql session, so as to remember some
information I retrieve in previoues querys, so as to use in subsecuet ones.

Thank you very much again: Enrique Echeverria.

Mensaje citado por Philip Hazel <ph10@???>:

> On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 quiuqee@??? wrote:
>
> > Mi name is Enrique Echeverria, I'm a exim4 user, and I saw your mail
> address on
> > some mesages posted on Internet, so I decided to e-mail you (sorry because
> > imagine you should recieve many mails a day).
>
> You will almost always get a faster answer by asking questions on the
> exim-users mailing list.
>
> > "In a message with multiple recipients, ¿does exim parse the whole runtime
> > configuration file for each of the recipient's address separately,
> expanding all
> > strings and MACROS for each one?"
>
> Macros are expanded and the configuration file is parsed every time the
> Exim binary is executed or re-executed. The data is *interpreted*
> separately for each recipient when an address is being routed.
>
> > As I've been studying from your books ( "Exim The Mail Transfer Agent"...
> the
> > newer one is too expensive where I live), and web documentation, I believe
> the
> > answer is "yes", but my life would simpler if you agree.....
>
> The answer is only partially "yes".
>
> > I think defining the following macro would greately improve performance
> (using
> > it in all the routers that require it)
>
> Defining a macro cannot improve performance. Macros are purely textual
> substitutions and the effect is exactly as if you wrote the replacement
> text instead of the macro name.
>
> --
> Philip Hazel            University of Cambridge Computing Service,
> ph10@???      Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.
> Get the Exim 4 book:    http://www.uit.co.uk/exim-book

Ultimos dias de ADSL pagando $ 245 los primeros 4 meses.
No te lo pierdas!
http://www.montevideo.net.uy/HNoticia_95.html