Re: [exim] SSL doesn't works with outlook, or oe

Autor: Jeremiah Foster
A: Balazs Pocze
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] SSL doesn't works with outlook, or oe

On Sep 1, 2005, at 11:44 AM, Balazs Pocze wrote:

> I'm using exim 4.50 (debian package), and I can't make exim and
> outlook work with ssl...
> I don't konow why. It's working with mozilla, and mozilla thunderbird,
> but with outlook won't. (I runs exim with "-tls-on-connect -oX 465
> -bd")
> I try to authenticate users when they try to send e-mails outside
> (that's why i need ssl), and it's works with Mozilla/tbird, bud wont
> work with m$ software. Do you have any ideas, why? (what info should i
> give to you?)

I too have found problems with Outlook and Outlook Express. There is a
work-around which is making exim4 speak a dialect of the protocal (if
you will.) Here is what I did, following the advice of others on this
list. I placed

smtp_enforce_sync = false

in my exim4.conf.template and did update-exim4.conf.

Hope that works for you.

> Best regards,
>    banyek

> P.s: Sorry for my english :)