Re: [exim] This should be simple but ...

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
New-Topics: [exim] Documentation Source
Subject: Re: [exim] This should be simple but ...
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Marc Perkel wrote:

> Exim docs are some of the best out there. But for some reason I still find
> things hard to find.

If there are index entries that you look for and don't find, tell me,
and I'll try to put them in the next edition. You *did* look at the
index this time, I presume? After the index (and table of contents),
grep is your friend.

> BTW - how are these docs generated?

The current edition of everything except spec.txt is generated by an
arcane local process. The next edition will be generated by the sequence

AsciiDoc source -> DocBook XML -> various output processors

The current spec.txt is a version already generated by the new process.
I am unhappy about the typesetting of the PostScript/PDF versions in the
new scheme of things (and the HTML isn't ideal either) but hope that
better free processors will come along in due course. At least the input
will be in a relatively standard format.