Re: [exim] Question regarding unseen

Author: Stian Jordet
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Question regarding unseen
On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 16:00 +0100, Tony Finch wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Aug 2005, Stian Jordet wrote:
> >
> > If I use the same address in two ldap-entries, I want it to send the
> > mail to both users. This is easy. But I have some users in my ldap
> > directory, which have their mail on another host, so I have to send it
> > to that host.
> >
> > Therefore, I need to use a router with the manualroute driver. I have
> > made everything here work, but I have a problem with sendmail -bt, it
> > lists the same recipients two times, without me understanding why. When
> > testing, the mails only arrive once, but I hate things which I don't
> > know why is, so I'll have to ask here.
>
> Why not reverse the order of the routers (so that remote users are matched
> first) and drop the "unseen" modifier which is causing the duplicates?

Well, I need to match both? Since a recipient may be an alias for both a
local and remote user? It doesn't matter which is first. The first of
the two routers must have unseen to try to match both, and then I get
the duplicates anyway.

But I do not get duplicate e-mails, it's just when I test an address.

Best regards,
Stian