Re: [exim] Anti Phishing Trick

Author: Marilyn Davis
To: David
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Anti Phishing Trick
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, David wrote:

> Hi !!
>
> >>very easy, supose the bank domain name is bbvanet.com, the pishers could
> >>send pishing from bbbanet.com, bvvanet.com, bvanet.com, etc ... as
> >
> > Oh good. This won't work for a healthy C/R variant because those
> > addresses are not on the white list, only the real bank will be on the
> > white list.
>
> then you only will allow to receive email from domains in your whitelist
> and reject anything else ?

No, not domains, the whitelists are per-user whitelists of individual
addresses, unless the user puts *@exim.org on her whitelist.

And, no, not usually rejected outright, but put through a variant of
C/R, which I've talked about before, even in this thread, and can't go
through again right now.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Marilyn