[exim] Strange behaviour in batsched SMTP submission mode

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Matthias Waffenschmidt
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] Strange behaviour in batsched SMTP submission mode
Hello,

we are currently resubmitting mails into Exim that are scanned by
SpamAssassin via batched SMTP. The usual setup if you don't scan at
SMTP time.

I now encountered a strange behaviour that I consider a bug:

If the message does not contain a From: header, Exim adds one as the
message is per definition locally generated. But the From: header
holds the original envelope sender and the name of the user (from
/etc/passwd) that reinjected the mail.

This is of course not desired as they are totally unrelated.

OK, I could work around the problem with some appropiate ACLs, but I
was wondering, if there is a more elegant way to do this. Maybe this
behaviour should be fixed or there should be some additional command
line option to control the way the From: header is constructed.

--
Gruss / Best regards   |  LF.net GmbH        |  fon +49 711 90074-411
Matthias Waffenschmidt |  Ruppmannstr. 27    |  fax +49 711 90074-33