Re: [exim] Get spamassassin to deliver spam to a special mai…

Author: Exim User's Mailing List
Subject: Re: [exim] Get spamassassin to deliver spam to a special mailbox?
Joe Kocsis wrote:
[snip]
> I got it working as below..(deliveriing me a copy of spam with a score >
> 10) via archive_spam_10,
>     Now I want to drop the messages after..
> I created the dropspam_15, and it indeed does drop the spam, but the
> redirect from archive_spam_10 never gets delivered when I add the
> dropspam route..
> any ideas why that would happen??  Arent these processed in order?

They are processed in order, however, you are using a redirect router that
doesn't set up a transport for the mail. As soon as it's redirected, the mail
starts going through the router list again, skipping the one it's been through
already, and going to dropspam_15. Once here it get's redirected to /dev/null.
I think.

http://zinc.elemental/reference/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_3.html#IX91 gives
a nice flow chart of what goes on.

Somewhere in the path through the routers, you need to hit either a dnslookup,
or accept, or one of the other ones that finish. That's why I used
driver=accept and transport=whatever. If spambox@mydomain is on the same
machine, you can create a seperate router/transport to write directly to
maildir/mbox, in addition to the two you have.

# router
write_spam_05:
driver = accept
local_parts = spambox