Re: [exim] Anti Phishing Trick

Autor: Steve Lamb
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Anti Phishing Trick
David wrote:
> Please remember that if that is the case then the owner of the domain X
> has published a SPF record that clearly states that email for domain X
> must only be accepted from authorized servers. The only broken thing
> here is the policy of domain X, domain X could publish a softfail policy
> and mail from domain X will be never rejected, no matter the amount of
> forwarding servers the email has passed through.

    No, the other broken thing is that someone has a single point of
rejection.  As I said before anyone who blindly accepts or fails based solely
on a single data point provided by someone else is, to put it bluntly, an
idiot.  It is in this same way that RBLs are broken and this is nothing more
than a single domain RBL.