Re: [exim] RFC's and DNS?

Góra strony
Autor: Mike Wiebeld
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] RFC's and DNS?
The best way I've found to explain it is to say that they're triggering your spam filters because their machine looks like a spam zombie because its name cannot be verified. But most of them really don't care and refuse to fix their servers. One of our clients has a machine that HELO's with "exchange-server.LAN" and they claim that any problems are on my end.

>>> "j2" <spamfilter2@???> wrote on 08/29/05 05:16AM:
> I am trying to explain to a company (and a very large one at that) that
> is
> might be a good idea to provide DNS-entries for their mail handlers
> (that
> are co-located at a not-so-big-and-pretty-clueless-co-loc-provider).
>
> I get tons of "Bad HELO, host does not resolve" (Paraphrased of cource)
> in
> my logs, and my fiancée can not mail me, and as she says "Tons of mail
> our customers comes back with the same error message, and our
> IT-department
> is adamant in saying that it is not our problem".
>
> So, is there in fact a good RFC here, or is not accepting mail from
> non-resolving hosts a pretty bad idea?

*
This e-mail, including attachments, may contain information that is privileged, proprietary, non-public, confidential, trademarked, copyrighted or exempt from disclosure and is intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipients(s). If you are not an intended recipient, please delete this e-mail, including attachments, and do not disseminate, distribute or copy this communication, by e-mail or otherwise. The unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this e-mail, including attachments, is prohibited and may be unlawful. We reserve the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address.