Re: [exim] Documentation Question

Autor: Dave Lugo
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Documentation Question
On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, Timothy Spear wrote:

>             I had an error with an invalid name being provided as part of
> the HELO command. To fix it, I used "helo_allow_chars". I found the answer
> via Google, but I cannot find the definition in the Exim documentation. If
> this feature is documented, can someone point to where? This has me
> wondering what other documentation I have missed.

spec.txt is a good place to start.

I got this (and a little extra) with a `grep -10 helo_allow_chars spec.txt`)

helo_allow_chars           Use: main   Type: string             Default: unset

    This option can be set to a string of rogue characters that are permitted
    in all EHLO and HELO names in addition to the standard letters, digits,
    hyphens, and dots. If you really must allow underscores, you can set

      helo_allow_chars = _

    Note that the value is one string, not a list.

Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC