Re: [exim] RFC's and DNS?

Página Inicial
Autor: Ian Eiloart
Para: j2, exim-users
CC:
Assunto: Re: [exim] RFC's and DNS?

--On Monday, August 29, 2005 14:16 +0200 j2 <spamfilter2@???> wrote:

> I am trying to explain to a company (and a very large one at that) that is
> might be a good idea to provide DNS-entries for their mail handlers (that
> are co-located at a not-so-big-and-pretty-clueless-co-loc-provider).
>
> I get tons of "Bad HELO, host does not resolve" (Paraphrased of cource) in
> my logs, and my fiancée can not mail me, and as she says "Tons of mail to
> our customers comes back with the same error message, and our
> IT-department is adamant in saying that it is not our problem".
>
> So, is there in fact a good RFC here, or is not accepting mail from
> non-resolving hosts a pretty bad idea?

If you mean that you're trying to persuade them to set up REVERSE DNS for
the IP addresses of their outgoing mail servers, then you won't find an RFC
to that effect (I think). However, this page might persuade them:

<http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/421dnsnr.html>

There are quite a lot of people using AOL, so conforming to AOL's
requirements is pretty important.

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team