Re: [exim] Blocking non-existant Domain Names

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Blocking non-existant Domain Names
On 29 Aug 2005 at 9:07, Craig Whitmore wrote about
    "[exim] Blocking non-existant Domain":

| I've noticed that Exim accepts non-existant domain names in the mail from.

Not by default, it doesn't.

| Has anyone an ACL which will block this? (ie if looking up a domain and
| getting NXDOMAIN) to give a fail in the mail from acl (or similar)

In the sample config file, the following stanza in the RCPT ACL will
reject messages with unroutable sender domains:

# Deny unless the sender address can be verified.

  require verify        = sender

One mistake that can prevent this stanza from having the intended
effect is when you use a smarthost for outgoing external email, and
you forget to add no_verify to the manualroute router that routes non-
local mail to the smarthost.

- Fred