Re: [exim] Anti Phishing Trick

Autor: Steve Lamb
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Anti Phishing Trick
Tony Finch wrote:
> If you don't have any users it isn't surprising that you don't see the
> problem. In fact, you don't even understand the kind of forwarding we
> are talking about.

    Oh, I understand quite perfectly what you're talking about which is why I
pointed out that the term is bouncing, not forwarding.  Forwarding *you* are
originator of a new message which contains, either in the body or attachment,
the original message.  The term was coopted from the original meaning over a
decade ago.  You'll not see a mail client that bounces/redirects and calls it
"forwards".

    I also don't see a need for forwarding from one account to another.  But
then about a decade ago I started using email clients that can check more than
one account and keep them completely separate.  Forwarding back and forth
messes up the audit trail of any message and reply chain and is antiquated.

    It's 2005, not 1985, get with the program people.