Re: [exim] Anti Phishing Trick

Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Anti Phishing Trick
On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 08:05:51AM -0400, Marc Sherman wrote:
> I'm on your side on this one, Matthew, but I fear that you're setting up
> a straw man for the other side here. The "pass the captcha on to
> willing humans via a promise of free porn" scenario is purely
> theoretical at this point, as far as I'm aware. I've yet to see any

While I believe you're correct with respect to C/R systems, it was my
impression that this technique had been practised for signing up to
webmail accounts - such has hotmail - in a machine automatable way.

Having seen that done, it seems a small jump to identify common types of
such systems as appropriate to get the mail through, but yes, at the moment
it's not worth the effort.

Cheers

MBM

--