Re: [exim] Fwd: synchronization error

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Marc Sherman
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Fwd: synchronization error
[Please trim your quotes.]

Jeremiah Foster wrote:

> Thanks Marc. I have set both the server and the client to listen on port
> 587. This functions for other clients, but not for this one particular
> Outlook Express client.
>
> Should I configure my debian exim configuration (/etc/default/exim4) and
> add those above lines? Unfortunately I still have some confusion
> regarding configuring exim.

IIRC, Outlook Express will not do STARTTLS on 587, which is what I meant
by the buggy TLS implementation. So set the client to do SSL
(tls-on-connect) on 465.

If you've already got the server configured for 587, then you've
probably got a line like:

daemon_smtp_ports = 25 : 587

in your /etc/exim4/exim4.conf file. Find it, and add 465 to the
(colon-separated) list:

daemon_smtp_ports = 25 : 587 : 465

and add immediately below that line:
tls_on_connect_ports = 465