Re: [exim] Cleaning up /var/spool/exim4/scan

Autor: Johann Spies
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Cleaning up /var/spool/exim4/scan
On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 11:10:09AM +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:33:04 +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> > I am not sure why the uvscan processes did not end properly. The other
>
> To answer this question, because uvscan is garbage. I used to run it, and
> regularly encountered the problem you've seen. Since I've switched to ClamAV
> (and Sophos), the problems have disappeared.

I will probably try Sophos or Trend some time later. I experimented
about 18 months ago with a server using clamav and passing the mail on
to a server using uvscan. I had some problems with clamav - it
sometimes just died and it did let some viruses through that was
caught by uvscan.

In the mean time I discovered the real problem on my server today:
another mail server on our campus send email containing more than 1024
mime parts and exiscan could not handle that properly.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved,
      what manner of persons ought ye to be? You ought to
      live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the
      day of God and speed its coming."
                                II Peter 3:11,12