Re: [exim] Received and Deleting Headers

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Gary Allen Vollink
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Received and Deleting Headers
Fred Viles wrote:

>On 25 Aug 2005 at 14:11, Gary Allen Vollink wrote about
>    "[exim] Received and Deleting Header":

>| If I am about to send out an Email that I'm relaying (based on
>| Authentication), I was thinking that it would be useful to delete the
>| connected employee laptop that has just authenticated to me).
>
>Unless I'm missing something, there should be no Received: headers in
>the incoming message. The employee's MUA will have connected to your
>server directly, and you will be generating the first Received:
>header to be added to the message.

Right, exim does add this initial received header (good point). Often
showing the mail originated from a coffee shop, or a home-based ISP.
I'd prefer this simply not showing up at all (when I have successful
authentication for relay). But I suppose this is a bad idea because it
doesn't properly follow RFC...

>If you are concerned about the IP
>address you will be reporting in that header, you can use the
>received_header_text option to customize it.

This could be sufficient, and is more correct. However, the condition
that I would want this forced to show 'local' would be extremely
specific (less than 1 percent). Only on AUTH, Only when outbound relay
(not local delivery). I could do it on any AUTH, if that's the only
possibility.

For a quick example...

On the remote end - someone else's SpamAssassin might say:
whitelist_from_rcvd *@corvu.com corvu.com
...except this isn't always true because of the possibility of a remote
laptop initiating the Email.

Thanks,
Gary Allen