RE: [exim] Anti Phishing Trick

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] Anti Phishing Trick
On 25 Aug 2005 at 13:15, Herb Martin wrote about
    "RE: [exim] Anti Phishing Trick":

| Also, there is a fourth category:
|
| 4. The Spammee
|
| Of course, this may be another version of "Poor Joe" but
| by bouncing a Joe Job off someone's poorly configured
| email server, you effectively use that server as a form
| of "semi-open relay" to deliver the spam to the Poor Joe
| Spammees out there.

Which is why message bodies should not be included in DSNs.

| Recently, I have even noticed one or two spams being
| embedded in the HEADERS (big, honking multi-line
| advertisements) and one must wonder if these are mainly
| DESIGNED to spam system admins and postmasters who are
| likely the only one's reading such stuff in any volume.

Putting these observations together, another possibility is that the
header spam is intended to be read by the case 4 spamee, since (IMHO)
full headers *should* be included in DSNs.

- Fred