[exim] no immediate delivery

Author: Zbigniew Szalbot
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] no immediate delivery
Hello,

I have been testing exim and saw this in log. Could someone help me
understand them?

> 2005-08-24 11:00:19 ILPYCJ-0002ZC-9Z no immediate delivery: more than 10
> messages received in one connection

Does it mean that exim deferred the delivery because it got more than
10 messages in one connection? Actually it got ten messages in one
connection. I am sure of that.

> 2005-08-24 11:00:19 SMTP call from sd.slowo.pl (slowo) [83.238.14.30]
> dropped: too many nonmail commands (last was "NOOP")

I suppose there is some kind of bug in the java application I was
using to pump mail into exim for further distribution since it
appears that this custom-made java api does not close the connection
proper but issues lots of NOOPs. Even if I prolong timeout to more
than 600 secs, it will noop and wait till the end of timeout. I
suspect this is the case here but I would be thankful for your
remarks!

I have used this java api with another mail server and never had a
situation where connection was dropped because of this.

Thanks in advance!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot
www.lc-words.com