Re: [exim] Callouts, NULL DSN

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: David Woodhouse
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Callouts, NULL DSN
On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 11:34 -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> There's _never_ any need to reject the empty _sender_ address, especially
> not in that case.
>
> If the address never sends any messages and the incoming message addressed
> to that address is using an empty sender address, then the correct and sane
> thing to do is to reject the RCPT TO: command.

Indeed so. Obviously you don't reject the empty sender immediately after
MAIL FROM:<> ; you can only do it after you've seen the address in the
RCPT TO: and determined that it's an address which never sends mail.

That is in fact what John is doing, and that's why I corrected Steve's
mis-statement of the observed behaviour.

--
dwmw2