Re: [exim] New suggested Wiki front page

Página Inicial
Autor: Marc Perkel
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] New suggested Wiki front page

Marc Sherman wrote:

> Ian Armstrong wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Aug 24 2005 : 03:22:00, Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:
>>
>> |I think the wiki front page is a little awkward. I've created a new
>> one |at this location:
>> |
>> |http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/FrontPageTemp
>> |

>> Looks nice, much easier to navigate.
>

> I agree, it does look nicer. If no-one vetoes it in a day or two, I'd
> suggest the following:
> - move the original FrontPage to FrontPageOld
> - move FrontPageTemp to FrontPage
> - add a link from FrontPage to FrontPageOld, explaining that some
> links haven't been migrated yet to the new front page. Once they're
> all moved over, you can delete that link (and possibly FrontPageOld
> entirely)
>
> My one complaint is that it moves the mailing list link way down off
> the first screen, to section 1.4, and it's not apparent from the TOC
> that "Exim Links" is where to find it. This makes it tough for me to
> find my favourite wiki page (MailingListEtiquette) when I need it.
>
> While we're on the topic, I've been thinking about a restructuring of
> MailingListEtiquette for a while, but I want to bounce it off the list
> before I do it, since that is a policy page. Currently, that page
> combines two different kinds of entries: rude things like flaming that
> will get you banned, and dumb things like obfuscation and lack of logs
> that just won't get you help. I'd like to split those into two pages
> (cross linked, of course), and flesh out the "dumb things" page quite
> a bit, with more reasons and explainations, and add an entry on
> RTFMing. Any objections?
>
> - Marc

Thanks for the feedback. What I created was a "rough draft" just to see
if there's interest. I would be willing to volunteer some time to
restructure the wiki right and then let you all come in behind me and
further polish it. I'm just really getting into the wiki stuff and it's
very powerful but you have to create some organization to start with.

--
Marc Perkel - marc@???

Spam Filter: http://www.junkemailfilter.com
    My Blog: http://marc.perkel.com