Re: [exim] New suggested Wiki front page

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Marc Sherman
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] New suggested Wiki front page
Ian Armstrong wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24 2005 : 03:22:00, Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:
>
> |I think the wiki front page is a little awkward. I've created a new one
> |at this location:
> |
> |http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/FrontPageTemp
> |

> Looks nice, much easier to navigate.

I agree, it does look nicer. If no-one vetoes it in a day or two, I'd
suggest the following:
- move the original FrontPage to FrontPageOld
- move FrontPageTemp to FrontPage
- add a link from FrontPage to FrontPageOld, explaining that some links
haven't been migrated yet to the new front page. Once they're all moved
over, you can delete that link (and possibly FrontPageOld entirely)

My one complaint is that it moves the mailing list link way down off the
first screen, to section 1.4, and it's not apparent from the TOC that
"Exim Links" is where to find it. This makes it tough for me to find my
favourite wiki page (MailingListEtiquette) when I need it.

While we're on the topic, I've been thinking about a restructuring of
MailingListEtiquette for a while, but I want to bounce it off the list
before I do it, since that is a policy page. Currently, that page
combines two different kinds of entries: rude things like flaming that
will get you banned, and dumb things like obfuscation and lack of logs
that just won't get you help. I'd like to split those into two pages
(cross linked, of course), and flesh out the "dumb things" page quite a
bit, with more reasons and explainations, and add an entry on RTFMing.
Any objections?

- Marc