Re: [exim] Anti Phishing Trick

Autor: Bruce Richardson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Anti Phishing Trick
On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 07:14:46PM -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:
> Here's an anti phishing trick I came up with. The idea is that major
> corps will have received lines that match the domain in the from
> address. Paypal email must come from paypal servers. This is driven from
> a list of institutions to test. Feedback appreciated.

Given the current state of the technology, there is a set of problems
that mail administrators simply cannot solve. Attempting to solve them
with custom solutions like this is futile because it

    a) Makes your systems more complex
    b) Puts the entire onus of testing your homegrown, custom
    solution on yourself.
    c) Requires constant updating.

There are some battles that you simply cannot win right now.
Concentrate on what you can do and stop making your life needlessly
complex.

--
Bruce

I am now a little wary of bananas.