Re: [exim] Anti Phishing Trick

Author: Craig Whitmore
To: David Woodhouse, Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Anti Phishing Trick
Yes.. Anti SPF People have always said look at this..

There are many counter-options to those expressed on that website which are
also very valid.

If you are not 100% sure your users will send only from the Specified SPf
then use ? not - and then you can use other mechanims (ie rate higher for
"anti-spam" )(not that SPF is designed to stop spam).softfails than none
etc)

DomainKeys.. yes is gaining.. but even some YahooGroups Signed messages
(coming from yahoogroups) even a year ago Failed DomainKey checks.. doh..

Many Large Providers have SPF records. Microsoft , AOL, Ebay, Amazon, Paypal

I won't go any futher as I'll already by now gets flamed...

Thanks
Craig