RE: [exim] cygiwin / authentication in exim

Góra strony
Autor: Herb Martin
Dla: exim-users
Temat: RE: [exim] cygiwin / authentication in exim
> Could anyone help me get it right? I need to run exim on
> Windows under cygwin. Also, I would need your help with
> /etc/authpwd file.
> How do I create it and enter user/password in it? It would be
> enough if you point me to a file explaining how to get this done.

IIRC, makepasswd creates a pseudo-/etc/passwd file on
CygWin by using the Windows local accounts (on NT-class
machines) -- and you can add additional users following
the same format.

> Last thing that I need to know is how to setup logs in the following
> format: yyyy-mm-dd so that I can inspect incoming and
> outgoing connections on daily basis?

This line in the general Exim configuration sets up
"daily" logs of the form erejectDATE.log, emainDATE.log,
but epanic.log remains a "single" log since it is not
supposed to have very many entries (on a working system):

log_file_path      = /var/log/exim/e%s%D.log

Hopefully someone else will be kind enough to help you with
the authentication issues since I am not an expert on those.

--
Herb Martin
http://LearnQuick.Com