[exim] cygiwin / authentication in exim

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Zbigniew Szalbot
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] cygiwin / authentication in exim
Hello,

Best greetings from Poland.

I am new to exim and count on your helpful tips.

I am trying to setup authenticating relaying in exim. I guess it is
probably pretty simple but given my lack of knowledge so far I hope
you can help.

I tested this:
> # <more authenticators>
>
> plain:
>     driver           = plaintext
>     public_name      = PLAIN
>     server_prompts   = :
>     server_condition = ${lookup{$2}lsearch{/etc/authpwd}\
>       {${if eq{$value}{$3}{yes}{no}}}{no}}
>     server_set_id    = $2

> # <more authenticators>

and it worked.

However, when I tried this:

fixed_login:
driver = plaintext
public_name = LOGIN
client_send = : MYLOGIN : MYPASSWORD
server_prompts = <; User Name: ; Password:
server_set_id = dom

I could not relay. It gave me information about wrong login/password,
etc.
535 Incorrect authentication data
550 relay not permitted

but I never managed to authenticate and realy.

Could anyone help me get it right? I need to run exim on Windows
under cygwin. Also, I would need your help with /etc/authpwd file.
How do I create it and enter user/password in it? It would be enough
if you point me to a file explaining how to get this done.

Last thing that I need to know is how to setup logs in the following
format: yyyy-mm-dd so that I can inspect incoming and outgoing
connections on daily basis?

I apologise if this has been already discussed, please point to me an
appropriate resource. Many thanks in advance for your patience!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot
www.lc-words.com