Re: [exim] executing a router only, when no other router was…

Author: Marco Herrn
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] executing a router only, when no other router was accesses

Well, that shouldn't work, since for original_address@??? a new message would be created, which itself is handled by the same router. All mailboxes are on the same machine. The only difference between an alias and a mailbox is, that an alias generates new adresses, whereas a mailbox directly stored into a file. If I would only get the _address_ of the mailbox from the db and give it as data, a new mail for the same address would be generated, which would result in an endless loop (I think exim would prevent endless loops, but it wouldn't be nice, of course).

> Btw, did you think about what will happen if there is more than one
> alias to a single address?

I do not see any scenario that could lead to problems here. Do you?