RE: [exim] SMTP banner delay?

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] SMTP banner delay?
On 22 Aug 2005 at 10:06, Philip Hazel wrote about
    "RE: [exim] SMTP banner delay?":

| On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Fred Viles wrote:
|
| > The spec doesn't make it clear if $interface_address and
| > $interface_port are initialized in time for the connect ACL. I would
| > think they should be, but you'd better test it:
|
| They are.

Thought so, thanks.

| Noted for spec update (the wording is currently poor).

Yah, something like "during an SMTP session" would be more accurate
than "when a message is received".

| > Philip, this sort of thing comes up enough that maybe precognition
| > should be officially added to the exim wishlist?
|
| I think we might as well generalize and do omniscience. Then you
| wouldn't even need to write a config file.

Leave it to you to take the long view! You're right, of course, and
it neatly avoids the paradox issues that would come up when
implementing precognition alone....

- Fred