Re: [exim] Retries to ox.ac.uk

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: exim-users
CC: John Hall
Temat: Re: [exim] Retries to ox.ac.uk
On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, Tony Finch wrote:

> > The full log output is included below, but in my remote smtp router, it
> > only seems to consider one IP address:
> >
> >    internet router called for xxx.yyy@???
> >    domain = admin.ox.ac.uk
> >    DNS lookup of admin.ox.ac.uk (MX) succeeded
> >    fully qualified name = admin.ox.ac.uk
> >    host_find_bydns yield = HOST_FOUND (2); returned hosts:
> >    oxmail.ox.ac.uk 129.67.1.171 MX=9
> >    set transport remote_smtp

> > I'm running a caching DNS server, but it does return all 9 hosts for
> > this record.
>
> Very odd. Have you double-checked the resolv.conf that Exim is using? What
> name server software are you using?

Indeed very odd. Another thing to try is -d+resolver, which is not in the
default for -d on its own. IIRC, the output from +resolver goes to
stdout instead of stderr (it comes from within the resolver).

This does have a vague smell of "checking one name server but the live
system is using another", but that's just a guess.