Re: [exim] ldapm; for relay check

Author: Andy Rabagliati
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] ldapm; for relay check
On Sun, 21 Aug 2005, Andy Rabagliati wrote:

> My config :-
>
> ################################
> # macros :-
> domainlist relay_domains = ldapm;ldap::///dc=wizzy,dc=org,dc=za?associatedDomain?one? : \
>                            ldapm;ldap::///dc=wcape,dc=school,dc=za?associatedDomain?one? : \
>                            ldapm;ldap::///dc=kzn,dc=school,dc=za?associatedDomain?one?

> ################################
> #!!# ACL that is used after the RCPT command
> check_recipient:
>
> # deny non-local domains
>   deny !domains = +local_domains : +relay_domains
>        message = We do not relay

Some further information :-

If I cut the domainlist macro to a single ldapm query, it still fails
(succeeds in finding ez.no amongst my relay_domains)

If I cut the LDAP directory to a single entry that matches the ldap
query (only one LDAP entry that could even be tested) it fails
(succeeds in finding ez.no amongst my relay_domains)

If I ensure there is only one associatedDomain attribute, and use ldap;
instead of ldapm;, it still fails.

If I query on a base not in the directory (dc=gp,dc=school,dc=za)
it now does not find ez.no in my relay_domains (i.e. passes my relay check)

Cheers,    Andy!