Re: [exim] Callouts, NULL DSN

Página Inicial
Autor: Dave Lugo
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Callouts, NULL DSN
On Sat, 20 Aug 2005, Steve B wrote:

> Well, I've got a problem with an SMTP server refusing a null DSN.
> Apparently this guy John Levine (iecc.com) refuses any connects with a
> MAIL FROM: <> and thus callout verification fails.

Eh... I suspect your statement "refuses any connects with a MAIL FROM: <>"
is not entirely accurate.

> We've sent a number of mails back and forth, and it boils down to me
> arguing "RFC XXX, RFC XXX, RFC XXX says you MUST accept this. Sendmail,
> the largest producer of SMTP software in the world says you must accept
> this"

If he never sent the original item that resulted in the bounce,
WHY would he want to accept the blowback that the bounce represents?

> Then he point off to his own failed attempt at an RFC (BATV ,
> draft-levine-mass-batv-01.txt ) and says that says it is okay, and what
> we are doing it wrong.

'Scuse me? Failed attempt? BATV works great, or at least the
customers I have that have enabled it are very happy with it.

> Any insights?

My understanding is that due to the massive forgery of John's
domains, he's SWAMPED with callback verifications. To him,
they can be accurately described as a DoS he never asked for.

Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC