RE: [exim] SMTP banner delay?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Fred Viles
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: RE: [exim] SMTP banner delay?
On 19 Aug 2005 at 22:19, Sub Zero wrote about
    "RE: [exim] SMTP banner delay?":

| Hi,
|
| I have this acl working in my setup:
|
| check_connect:
|   accept  delay           = 10s
|
| How do I add this condition if the interface port is 25

The spec doesn't make it clear if $interface_address and
$interface_port are initialized in time for the connect ACL. I would
think they should be, but you'd better test it:

condition = ${if eq {$interface_port} {25} {yes} {no}}

| and to the people
| that are {not smtp authed

Since SMTP AUTH does not happen until later in the session, this
requires looking into the future.

Philip, this sort of thing comes up enough that maybe precognition
should be officially added to the exim wishlist?  I'd suggest
variables named $precog_FOO, to mean the value that $FOO will have
later in the session (assuming it gets that far).  Then the OP could
test $precog_authenticated_id in the connect ACL.              ;)

| and not pop authenticated}.

You'll have to explain how your POP-before-SMTP authentication is set
up for specific help. Assuming you store the IP address rather than
a username, you should be able to add a condition that checks whether
$interface_address is in the recent-POP database.

- Fred